During the past month momentous events in Christian Science have been chasing each other with astonishing rapidity. A brief retrospective glance may aid us in comprehending their significance.
First of all, was the completion of the Mother Church building. While it was not, as all had hoped, fully completed within the year 1894, it was so far completed as to be habitable, and services were comfortably held in it on the last Sunday of last year.
Next came the dedication services, memorable in their uniqueness, impressiveness, and deep significance. The intensity of interest manifested by all, and especially the visiting Scientists, of itself marked them with a character distinctively their own. The services were as original as they were simple and unconventional, yet impressive in the highest degree.