On May 21, 1894, a small group of Christian Scientists gathered in quiet ceremony for the laying of a cornerstone. This event marked the erection of the edifice of The Mother Church, whose Founder, Mrs.
Log in to read this article
Not a subscriber to JSH-Online? Subscribe today and receive online access to The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald including digital editions of the print periodicals, Web original articles, blogs, and podcasts, over 30,000 minutes of Sentinel Radio and audio chats, searchable archive going back to 1883! Learn More.