THE building and dedication of a church edifice by a branch of The Mother Church marks the end of one stage of activity in the Christian Science movement in the community and the beginning of another. From a small band of earnest worshipers, perhaps gathering first in the home of one of their number, the organization has grown through accessions of those enlightened and healed, and thence has progressed to rented halls or remodeled residence, and now to a goodly structure of its own, designed to symbolize in location, beauty, and fitness the Christian Science ideal of loving service to God and man.
Log in to read this article
Not a subscriber to JSH-Online? Subscribe today and receive online access to The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald including digital editions of the print periodicals, Web original articles, blogs, and podcasts, over 30,000 minutes of Sentinel Radio and audio chats, searchable archive going back to 1883! Learn More.