Among the "Signs of the Times" in the Christian Science Sentinel of February 22, 1941, an item appears from Lausanne, Switzerland, which tells of a church to which, as the bell tolled for evening service, came worshipers from many byways, each bearing a little bronze lamp of very old design. When asked by a traveler why this was done, the reply was: "We have no other way of lighting our church.
Log in to read this article
Not a subscriber to JSH-Online? Subscribe today and receive online access to The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald including digital editions of the print periodicals, Web original articles, blogs, and podcasts, over 30,000 minutes of Sentinel Radio and audio chats, searchable archive going back to 1883! Learn More.