The Forth Bridge in Scotland is a famous cantilevered, double-span tubular steel structure completed in 1890. Considerably over one mile long it carries the railroad from Edinburgh across the estuary of the River Forth toward the Highlands of northern Scotland.
Log in to read this article
Not a subscriber to JSH-Online? Subscribe today and receive online access to The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald including digital editions of the print periodicals, Web original articles, blogs, and podcasts, over 30,000 minutes of Sentinel Radio and audio chats, searchable archive going back to 1883! Learn More.