The Church Manual' s Article XXI, Section 2 was adopted in 1899. The next year The Mother Church opened its Reading Room after Mary Baker Eddy made a pointed request to her Board of Directors.
Want to read this article from the Journal?
Subscribe to JSH-Online to access The Christian Science Journal, along with the Christian Science Sentinel and The Herald of Christian Science. Get unlimited access to current issues, the searchable archive, podcasts, audio for issues, biographies about Mary Baker Eddy, and more. Already a subscriber? Log in