Dear Members and Friends,
We are delighted and grateful to be able to share with you the happy news of the recent admission of new members to The Mother Church from around the world. New members to our worldwide family come from Angola, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Ghana, Guinea, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, the Republic of the Congo, Togo, Uganda, United Kingdom, and United States of America. Their applications were sent in English, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Each new member joins in supporting the activities and resources with which The Mother Church embraces the world, and each member is, in turn, embraced in The Mother Church’s special love of its members.
Some of these activities and resources include:
- our Pastor, the Bible and the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy;
- the Christian Science Quarterly Bible Lessons, available in 16 languages;
- authorized teachers of Christian Science offering Primary class instruction;
- the Christian Science periodicals, including The Christian Science Journal, Christian Science Sentinel, The Herald of Christian Science, and The Christian Science Monitor, to which each member of The Mother Church who can afford it has the privilege of subscribing and to which we welcome your contributions of articles and healings;
- other resources, such as Christian Science Reading Rooms, youth and church summits, Annual Meeting, and much more.
As always, our sincere gratitude goes out to all members and Christian Science teachers who support the admission of new members through their prayers and by approving and countersigning applications.
Applications for membership are welcome at any time. The next admission of new members will take place on May 31, 2024. Completed applications must be received by the Office of the Clerk no later than the end of the business day (4:00 p.m. Boston time) on May 29, 2024.
With Christlike love,
Martha R. Moffett, CSB
Clerk of The Mother Church